I don't know what's been wrong with me lately -- I can certainly think of plenty of things to write about (mostly rants about this that and the other, but still), but can't seem to get organized/motivated to put ... keyboard to electrons. I've certainly been busy, both with work and play, and tired and run-down, so I suppose that qualifies as an excuse. A brief catchup of what I've been doing lately, then.
- Working too much. Bah to day jobs! Why won't somebody pay me for just reading and surfing the internet all day? Sigh.
- Training (though not as much as I'd like to be) for my next tri, which is this weekend (eep!). The quest to get just ... enough... faster to beat fairplaythings continues. I cannot begin to describe how frustrating it is to be consistently just a few minutes behind him. One of these days, I tell you!
- Softball. Softball is fun. We've been losing a lot, but having a good time doing it, so that's okay.
- Not gardening nearly enough. The yard looks like a jungle. I think we can all safely conclude that I am not suited for suburban housewifery and well-manicured lawns. What a relief. (Still, I really should weed the vegetable patch more. Vegetables are tasty.)
- Preventing the cats from murdering each other. Not being terribly successful on that one, to be honest. Well... none of them are dead. Or injured, or anything bad like that. But they really are not big fans of each other, which is frustrating and painful to watch. It turns out blended cat households may be as challenging as blended kid households. Sigh.
So yeah. Plenty to keep me busy. But don't worry, I fully intend to be back to regular journalling in short order. Plenty of rambly rants and capsule book reviews to come! I know you're all dying for those. ;)